Herz, Henri - Scales and Exercises ed. Max Vogrich - Piano Method Scales*
Scales and Exercises
Schirmer Library of Classics Volume 170
Publisher: G. Schirmer, Inc.
Composer: Henri Herz
Editor: Max Vogrich
A prominent pianist of his day, Henri Herz (1803-1888) composed hundreds of volumes of teaching pieces and exercises. His most popular volume, these exercises include drills for finger independence, trills, broken chords and double thirds, as well as all the notated major, minor and chromatic scales in unison, thirds and sixths. This edition presents the materials in a clearer format and translates Herz's practice instructions in English.
A huge collection of scales and exercises by Austrian composer and pianist, Henri Herz. These include arpeggios and practices to aid finger independence, trills, wrist strength and an overall technique. This is a lasting, exhaustive and practical guide, which has proved invaluable for developing pianists since the end of the 19th century.
- Exercises for finger-independence
- Trill exercises
- Five-finger exercises within the span of five notes
- Exercises in thirds and other paired notes, with a quiet hand
- Exercises in note-patterns repeated on successive degrees
- Preparatory exercises for scales
- The major and minor scales
- The scales in various intervals, in parallel & contrary motion
- The chromatic scale
- Exercises in broken chords
- Scales in thirds
- Exercises for the wrist.
Inventory # HL50253210
ISBN: 9781423492245 (1423492242)
Series: Schirmer Library of Classics
Publisher Code: LB170